|Know Your Library||Download|
|Library Newsletter||Vol. 1, No. 1. January 2019|
Form for Students
Form for Teachers /
Form for Ex-Students / Visitors
The Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis Mahavidyalaya Central Library is housed in a spacious room with sitting accommodation for 50 readers at a time. The stock of both text and reference books in the library has undergone considerable expansion and an exhaustive collection of more than 18000 books adequately meet the varied requirement of all students and teachers. There is a regular annual addition to the stock of books. Besides, students are encouraged to read newspapers, journals, e-books and e-journals (which are regularly supplied) to keep abreast of the times. Care is taken to maintain an atmosphere of calm and quiet study inside the library. The Library provides Open Access facility to the users.
1. Library / Identity card is must for all library transactions. Library cards are non-transferable.
2. Members are allowed to use reading room for reading purposes on submission of their reading cards.
3. The members have open access to the library. So members have to keep their bags (excluding purse & mobile) in the baggage counter.
4. Users should ensure that when browsing through books they replace the item from where it was taken, according to the shelf arrangement. Feel free to seek staff assistance for replacing the books.
5. Users should avoid taking out several volumes of journals and books at any one moment.
6. The library reading area should be used only for reference and consultation of resource materials.
7. The Students may borrow books for 15 days and may renew the same for additional 15 days.
8. Loss of library cards should be reported immediately to the authority.
9. Users should fully cooperate with the library staff. In case of any need they should meet the Librarian.
10. Readers are liable to pay fine and / or punishment if they misuse / damage any books or journals.
11. Ex-Students and Visitors can avail reading facility by taking special permission from the Principal of the college.
12. Users are requested to maintain silence in the library.
13. Usage of mobile phone is prohibited.
14. The library is a no-smoking zone.
15. Personal books are not allowed in the library.
16. The Librarian may change any working days and hours if necessary.
17. The persistent defaulters of various library rules will have their library services suspended.
|Category||Entitlement||Duration of Borrowing|
|Students (Hons.)||2 Books||15 Days|
|Students (Pass)||2 Books||15 Days|
|Whole time Professor||10 Books||30 Days|
|Part-time Professor||5 Books||30 Days|
|Full-time contractual Professor||5 Books||30 Days|
|Guest Professor||2 Books||30 Days|
|Non-Teaching Staff||5 Books||30 Days|
|Non-Teaching Staff (Casual )||2 Books||15 Days|
|Library Services||Library Timings||Institutional Membership|
|1. Lending Service
2. Reading Service
3. Reference & Information Service
4. Departmental Seminar Library
5. Current Awareness Service
6. Document Delivery Service
7. Reprography Service
8. Career Guidance Service
|Library Hours: 10.45 AM – 5.15 PM
Reference & Reading: 11 AM – 5.00 PM
Circulation: 11.00 AM – 5.00 PM
The Library remains closed on all Sundays and Public Holidays
Name and Designation
MA, MLIS, Ph. D.